12/15/2016 – Quick update, I have one poodle in a guardian home (they LOVE her) and two sheepadoodles that will go to guardian homes in February. I am very excited about this program that allows dogs to be in loving homes, but for me to continue to grow and improve my program…and after a few litters, they are spayed/neutered and stay with their guardian family for life.
Guardian Home Program. The response to the sheepadoodles has been huge; I love my dogs and want them to have the best life. To help ensure they are loved and are doted on and get lots of attention, I am looking for guardian homes for future dogs and will have Standard Poodles, Old English Sheepdogs, and F1 Sheepadoodles puppies and older dogs available for families that live within an hour or so from our kennel. This is a really nice option for me and for potential guardian homes.
What this means to you is:
- You get a free puppy
- I pay for any breeding type vet bills (xrays, birthing issues, other misc. breeding expenses)
- You pay for the regular vaccinations, food, etc.
- After breeding age or if I choose to no longer breed them…I pay for spaying and they are your dog forever.
- For the females you receive $150/puppy in each of her litters to incent you to take good care of her and because you are losing her for a while each time she has a litter of puppies.
- You are responsible for getting the dog back and forth to me for breeding/whelping purposes.
What it means to me:
- Puppy gets a loving home with lots of individual attention. Both while she is of breeding age, and after being spayed.
- I can continue to build my breeding program and provide healthy puppies to other families
- I get breeding rights for up to 4 litters (so you must live within an hour) or 5 years of age, whichever is earliest – you bring the dog to me when they are in heat and when they are due to whelp – I will keep until puppies are weaned.
It will take the right families to do this successfully. If you are interested, please fill out the Reserve a Puppy form and in the comments state you are interested in Guardian program and whether you are interested in a standard poodle or sheepdog puppy. I am working on a draft contract now that I can send to you for review. I will need to have in-depth knowledge of you, your home, other animals you may have, etc.
Currently, as of May 30, 2017 I have three poodles (all female – Ziya, Poppy, and Cocoa) and two sheepadoodles (mini male Gus and a female Oreo) in guardian homes, and plans to add just one more sheepadoodle female. I don’t have any immediate plans to add more dogs to the guardian program until sometime 2018. I haven’t had any litters from any of these dogs and want to make sure this guardian arrangement works the way I hoped before adding more to the program. These are all still young dogs, so it will be a bit before we have puppies from them (except Gus maybe).